Top 10 Holiday Cocktails + 2 Recipes
Hemingway's Nog by Hemingway's Lounge in Hollywood.
Caroline on Crack
Since winters in Southern California aren't exactly optimal for sleigh rides or snowball fights, we need something other than the usual Hot Toddy and Irish Coffee to mark the season. Here are 10 festive cocktails by L.A.'s top bartenders, two of which include recipes to make your holiday parties extra cheery.
1. Hemingway's Nog at Hemingway's Lounge in Hollywood is a lighter alternative to the traditional egg nog. Made with creme fraiche instead of eggs and includes Atlantico Rum, Licor 43, Bittermens Tiki bitters and fresh ground nutmeg.
2. January Jones at Drago Centro in downtown is an ode to hot buttered rum with its mix of Appleton VX rum, brown sugar syrup, cinnamon tincture, butter and hot water.
4. Can't have Christmas without a little mistletoe action. Fortunately Cecconi's in West Hollywood has a Mistletoe cocktail with rum, lime, honey syrup and prosecco.
Bloody Holiday at Waterloo & City.
5. Bloody Holiday at Waterloo & City in Culver City sounds morbid but looks like Christmas in a cocktail glass with its dark rum, ginger beer, cranberry puree and holiday spices.
6. The Holland Gin Punch at The Raymond's 1886 in Pasadena is an adaptation of cocktail author David Wondrich's own take of Charles Dickens' holiday punch. The original punch was served by Dickens at his parties. The version available at the small bar includes Bols Genever, demerara syrup and a spice mix of nutmeg, all spice and cloves.Next Page
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.