As evidenced by these Flickr photos, surprisingly many people have been making brain-shaped desserts. This is what happens when the zombie-horror-comic book-convention generation learns how to bake. (What is wrong with you people?) These are particularly inspired:
1. Floating Brains Cupcakes. They look like they're floating. The icing looks so light and fluffy. Tell me it's meringue.
2. Brain With Eyes & Lips. What the hell is it?? Why does it have a mouth and eyes and what are those stumps sticking out that look like bone marrow? I want to know. But I don't want to know. You know?
3. The Motherbrain. For a minute I thought it was a fountain-type thing, with the big mommy brain on top and the little brains on the tiers below it. And now that I've just written that, someone needs to get on it. Fountain. Big brain on top. Little baby brains. Spinal fluid or blood trickling down the tiers. Stat!
4. Red Liquid Oozing Brain. Knife? What knife?
5. Sweet Pink Brain. It's supposedly stuffed with "gummy men, spiders, skulls, candy fingerbones etc." The icing is pink buttercream. That worm sticking out of the base of the brain, is that the medulla oblongata?
6. Cupcake Brains, or Brainettes. Awwww. Cute.
7. Chocolate Brains. These look delicious! What an offering, these iconic renderings of the human brain. Don't know if they're made of artisanal chocolate or what. I'm no foodie. Of the bounty of brains in this dessert smackdown, these made me the hungriest. And is that ice cream inside?
8. White Chocolate Cerebrum Cake. Garish, but lovely. I think the people who made this one are artists. It's pretty, almost. And anatomically correct.
9. Red Velvet Raspberry With French Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting...And Brain. Aaaah, finally someone who knows what color a brain is. Brains are gray. These are classy. Classy little cupcakes with brains on them.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
10. Poking Out of Skull Brain Cake. Now we're getting into way too real territory. Disembodied brains? Acceptable. Brains peeping up out of human skull? Guh-ross!