Tickets on Sale for Outstanding in the Field's 2013 Tour!
Outstanding in the Field
Tickets are on sale for Outstanding in the Field's 2013 Tour. As is usually the case, the dates include a preponderance of stops at West Coast farms. In case you don't know much about this travelin' pop-up party, let us illuminate the vibe.
A 60-year-old bus zips around to farms all over the country. At each stop, local chefs of note prepare the farm's products for diner groupies thirsting for a taste of the terroir attached to the meal as well as some hot chef's epic manipulations of the farm's goods: confetti-colored peppers perhaps, or corn as pale and perfect as pearl bunches, fine fresh cheese made, naturally, on the premises, or even farmed abalone.
Turn the page for the upcoming Southern California dates and get that Visa ready.
For early birds:
- June 6 in Carpinteria, CA: Coleman Family Farm (Chefs: Rachel Main, Main Course California, and Karl Holst, Birnam Wood Golf Club)
- June 8 in Temecula, CA: Temecula Olive Oil Company (Chef: Paul Arias, The Fishery)
For those who can wait:
- November 2 in Cayucos, CA: Abalone Farm (Chef: Chris Kobayashi, Artisan)
- November 3 in Morro Bay, CA: Morro Bay Oyster Co. (Chef: Carl Staub, Full of Life Flatbread)
- November 5 in Los Angeles, CA: Wattles Farm (Chef: TBA)
- November 8 on Catalina Island, CA: Catalina Island Sea Cove (Chef: Charlie Parker, Freddy Smalls Bar + Kitchen)
Dinners are $200 and up. Act swiftly because they sell out fast.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Big Fat Jerks Set Rocio's Mole de los Dioses on Fire, McWhoppers for Peace and More:...
- Huitlacoche Is No Scourge In L.A. Here's Where to Find the Funky Mexican Corn Fungus
- No One Wants To Use Your Stupid Restaurant App
- Help Us Determine L.A.'s Top Chefs, Tacos, Cocktails, Burgers, Brunch and More for Our...