"The Big Lebrewski" Comes to Beer Belly
Image from The Big Lebowski (1998)
Maude Lebowski: "What do you do for recreation?"
The Dude: "Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
This Friday, lovers of all things Lebowski can add eating to the list of Dude-like activities. That's because anyone who shows up at Beer Belly Friday night with either a) a Lebowski Fest ticket stub from the Wiltern, or b) a kick-ass Lebowski-themed costume (mad props to all you purple bowling ball-wielding Jesus Quintanas) gets 50% off their first beer, and the opportunity to stuff their face with chef Wesley Lieberher's special one-night-only Lebowski-themed menu. Enter The Big Lebrewski.
Sure, the imbibition of craft beer may not abide by strict Orthodox Dudeism, but Lieberher's dishes more than make up for it. The menu includes, but is not limited to:
- Lingonberry Pancakes with White Russian Whipped Cream
- "We'll Cut Off Your Johnson" Hot Dog with Nothing on It (toppings on the side)
- "I Said NEAR the In-N-Out Burger" Animal Fries, Beer Belly Style
- "You're Entering a World of Pain" Tapatio & Pickled Jalapeno Wings
- "Obviously You're Not a Golfer" Risotto Balls with Roasted Corn Aoli
The only thing missing is a toe. With nail polish. Shomer Shabbos!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Big Fat Jerks Set Rocio's Mole de los Dioses on Fire, McWhoppers for Peace and More:...
- Huitlacoche Is No Scourge In L.A. Here's Where to Find the Funky Mexican Corn Fungus
- No One Wants To Use Your Stupid Restaurant App
- Help Us Determine L.A.'s Top Chefs, Tacos, Cocktails, Burgers, Brunch and More for Our...