Squid Ink Special: Organic Bunashimeji Mushrooms
Organic Bunashimeji Mushrooms at Mitsuwa
Welcome to today's Squid Ink Special, in which we take the time to show you a great deal or specialty ingredient we've come across in our general shopping adventures. Today spotlights a tasty varietal of mushroom known in Japan as bunashimeji. These tiny mushrooms are organic, and a whole package will run you a mere $1.79 at Mitsuwa Marketplace. They're very tender, and do quite well simply sautéed in butter and soy sauce. Bunashimeji are also a great addition to a bowl of soba or udon noodle soup.
Mitsuwa Marketplace: 3760 South Centinela Avenue, Mar Vista,
(310) 398-2113 AND 21515 South Western Avenue, Torrance, (310) 782-0335.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- A New Wave of L.A. Social Enterprises Serve Pizza and Coffee With Community in Mind
- SCI-Arc's Adorable Campus Cafe Is No College Cafeteria (And It's Open to the Public)
- In a City With Few Meat CSAs, Could This Box Be the Future of Grass-Fed Beef?
- Chef Phillip Frankland Lee's 10 Favorite San Fernando Valley Restaurants