Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 9/6 - 9/11/2009
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "C'est banal!" Eating L.A.'s Pat Saperstein on a recent Top Chef dish.
- "One bite and I'm done." The LAT's S. Irene Virbila on Boa in West Hollywood.
- "As at City, an evening at Street feels halfway between a sophisticated cocktail party and a political act." Jonathan Gold on Susan Feniger's Street.
- "I couldn't fathom how generations of jam-makers hadn't killed off major swaths of the jam-eating population. Somewhere, usually at the top, every recipe mentioned botulism." Cookbook author and blogger Dorie Greenspan on the joys of making jam.
- "Maybe there's really nothing to do in La Habra." Gustavo Aurellano on Hatch-chile roasting events in OC.
- "The back of my bottle explains that it is also 'A fashion accessory'." From The Blood and Sand Cocktail: Drink One in Honor of Rudolph Valentino.
- "Bad news for connoisseurs of posh imported teas, good news for lovers of black rattans." From Algabar Closing La Brea Tea Shop, 50% off Everything (Except Tea).
- "The difference between T&A and PB&J? It's safe to gawk at close-ups of well-endowed produce in public." From Meet Your Food Blogger: Amanda Simpson of FoodPornDaily.
- "You can also BYOB, or bring your own bunny, should you have one in need of some socialization or a bit of rice curry." From BYOB: A Rabbit Café in Japan Lets You Bring Your Own Bunny, Just Don't Eat It
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.