In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "C'est banal!" Eating L.A.'s Pat Saperstein on a recent Top Chef dish.
- "One bite and I'm done." The LAT's S. Irene Virbila on Boa in West Hollywood.
- "As at City, an evening at Street feels halfway between a sophisticated cocktail party and a political act." Jonathan Gold on Susan Feniger's Street.
- "I couldn't fathom how generations of jam-makers hadn't killed off major swaths of the jam-eating population. Somewhere, usually at the top, every recipe mentioned botulism." Cookbook author and blogger Dorie Greenspan on the joys of making jam.
- "Maybe there's really nothing to do in La Habra." Gustavo Aurellano on Hatch-chile roasting events in OC.
- "The back of my bottle explains that it is also 'A fashion accessory'." From The Blood and Sand Cocktail: Drink One in Honor of Rudolph Valentino.
- "Bad news for connoisseurs of posh imported teas, good news for lovers of black rattans." From Algabar Closing La Brea Tea Shop, 50% off Everything (Except Tea).
- "The difference between T&A and PB&J? It's safe to gawk at close-ups of well-endowed produce in public." From Meet Your Food Blogger: Amanda Simpson of FoodPornDaily.
- "You can also BYOB, or bring your own bunny, should you have one in need of some socialization or a bit of rice curry." From BYOB: A Rabbit Café in Japan Lets You Bring Your Own Bunny, Just Don't Eat It