Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 9/3 - 9/7
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Take a nut, fill your mouth with its flavors. Take a small sip of sherry and see what happens." Serious Drinking: Sherry + Marcona Almonds.
- "No, Ammo at The Hammer isn't the poorly translated name of a Jean-Claude Van Damne movie, it's the latest L.A. museum to shack itself up with a fine dining restaurant." Ammo Opens at The Hammer Museum.
- "If you think that all lettuces are the same, you haven't tried Forellenschluss, which looks kind of like a head of lettuce as painted by Camille Pissarro." What's in Season at the Farmers Market: Forellenschluss Lettuce.
- "We come up with our ideas at the bar." Q & A With Australian Brewery Mountain Goat Beer: Surfboards as Collateral + The Influence of American Craft Beer.
- "Get to these places early -- they're notorious for running out of items by noon." 10 Best Taiwanese Breakfast Restaurants In Los Angeles.
- "Equally informative is the list of people Bourdain is 'not grateful for whatsoever,' which includes Guy Fieri, Rocco DiSpirito and Gwyneth Paltrow." Ruth Bourdain's Comfort Me With Offal: From Twitter to Your Local Bookstore.
- "People who purchase organic food because they think it is more nutritious just got handed their heads of lettuce on a platter by Stanford University scientists." Organic Food Is Not Better for You, Study Finds.
- "In the former, chefs were forced to do the unthinkable -- prep work! Quelle horreur!" Top Chef Masters Recap: And In This Corner...
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.