Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 9/3 - 9/7
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Take a nut, fill your mouth with its flavors. Take a small sip of sherry and see what happens." Serious Drinking: Sherry + Marcona Almonds.
- "No, Ammo at The Hammer isn't the poorly translated name of a Jean-Claude Van Damne movie, it's the latest L.A. museum to shack itself up with a fine dining restaurant." Ammo Opens at The Hammer Museum.
- "If you think that all lettuces are the same, you haven't tried Forellenschluss, which looks kind of like a head of lettuce as painted by Camille Pissarro." What's in Season at the Farmers Market: Forellenschluss Lettuce.
- "We come up with our ideas at the bar." Q & A With Australian Brewery Mountain Goat Beer: Surfboards as Collateral + The Influence of American Craft Beer.
- "Get to these places early -- they're notorious for running out of items by noon." 10 Best Taiwanese Breakfast Restaurants In Los Angeles.
- "Equally informative is the list of people Bourdain is 'not grateful for whatsoever,' which includes Guy Fieri, Rocco DiSpirito and Gwyneth Paltrow." Ruth Bourdain's Comfort Me With Offal: From Twitter to Your Local Bookstore.
- "People who purchase organic food because they think it is more nutritious just got handed their heads of lettuce on a platter by Stanford University scientists." Organic Food Is Not Better for You, Study Finds.
- "In the former, chefs were forced to do the unthinkable -- prep work! Quelle horreur!" Top Chef Masters Recap: And In This Corner...
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.