In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
- "We've done over 800 dishes at The Foundry since we've been open, and not one of them had grasshoppers in it.'" Next Iron Chef Eric Greenspan: Will The Foundry's Cuisine Reign Supreme?
- "If you don't walk away from the experience with several small blisters on the roof of your mouth, you have been done a grave disservice." Ask Mr. Gold: Crusty Crustacean.
- "You will talk to girls dressed as milkmaids and it will seem perfectly normal." Top Ten Things Guaranteed To Happen At The Edison's Monthly Guest Bartender/Specialty Cocktails/Performance Art/Steam Punk Extravaganza.
- "What if Richard Serra worked with Gouda instead of steel?" The Cheese Whiz: Sarah "The Cheese Lady" Kaufmann.
- "When I first met him, all he wanted were fried eggs and Maggi Sauce." Meet Your Food Blogger: Jeni Afuso of Oishii Eats.
- "You want to see how many chile flakes I can eat?" Play With Your Food: The Pizza Edition, #1.
- "Human-chicken relations have always been something of an oddity." Squid Ink Food Fight: A Game of Peruvian Chicken, Pollo a la Brasa Vs. Bonano's Chicken.
- "Later in the week, a tuille recipe may appear to make your 4 p.m. office coffee break go down easier." Name That Pastry Chef: Let the High Fructose Games Begin.