Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 9/26 - 10/2
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "We've done over 800 dishes at The Foundry since we've been open, and not one of them had grasshoppers in it.'" Next Iron Chef Eric Greenspan: Will The Foundry's Cuisine Reign Supreme?
- "If you don't walk away from the experience with several small blisters on the roof of your mouth, you have been done a grave disservice." Ask Mr. Gold: Crusty Crustacean.
- "You will talk to girls dressed as milkmaids and it will seem perfectly normal." Top Ten Things Guaranteed To Happen At The Edison's Monthly Guest Bartender/Specialty Cocktails/Performance Art/Steam Punk Extravaganza.
- "What if Richard Serra worked with Gouda instead of steel?" The Cheese Whiz: Sarah "The Cheese Lady" Kaufmann.
- "When I first met him, all he wanted were fried eggs and Maggi Sauce." Meet Your Food Blogger: Jeni Afuso of Oishii Eats.
- "You want to see how many chile flakes I can eat?" Play With Your Food: The Pizza Edition, #1.
- "Human-chicken relations have always been something of an oddity." Squid Ink Food Fight: A Game of Peruvian Chicken, Pollo a la Brasa Vs. Bonano's Chicken.
- "Later in the week, a tuille recipe may appear to make your 4 p.m. office coffee break go down easier." Name That Pastry Chef: Let the High Fructose Games Begin.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.