Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 9/24 - 9/28
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "'It was like me being back home and having a shish kabob.'" Q & A With Homeland's Abu Nazir: Navid Negahban on Israeli and Persian Cuisine, Looking for Hummus in L.A., Shimon Peres' Facebook Page + Getting Detained by the Real Guys.
- "The scent of warm cinnamon rolls -- or buns, the terms are interchangeable -- wafting through the air can either transport you to a happy place or trigger severe mall anxiety." 10 Best Cinnamon Rolls in Los Angeles.
- "The doldrum-ending restaurants, according to the post, included Mr. C in Beverly Hills and Public Kitchen & Bar. Right." Where to Eat in L.A. According to L.A. Residents vs. The Wall Street Journal + Other Publications.
- "Come autumn, Manhattans are my go-to drink, the famed cocktail conceived for a presidential rally of which the only thing worth remembering is the borough where it was held." Serious Drinking: The Manhattan.
- "Why are Americans so damn fat, and what can be done about it?" Nutrition Science Initiative: Scientists Create 'Manhattan Project' to Take On Obesity in U.S.
- "Some have it called the 'Chiptole-ization of pizza.'" Assembly-Line Pizza Fight: Clusi Batusi vs. PizzaRev.
- "And no, fro-yo doesn't count." Yogurt Linked to Lower Blood Pressure.
- "For such a seemingly humble sandwich, the Vietnamese bánh mì stirs up a surprisingly high level of debate." 41: Bánh Mì at Buu Dien.
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.