Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 9/24 - 9/28
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "'It was like me being back home and having a shish kabob.'" Q & A With Homeland's Abu Nazir: Navid Negahban on Israeli and Persian Cuisine, Looking for Hummus in L.A., Shimon Peres' Facebook Page + Getting Detained by the Real Guys.
- "The scent of warm cinnamon rolls -- or buns, the terms are interchangeable -- wafting through the air can either transport you to a happy place or trigger severe mall anxiety." 10 Best Cinnamon Rolls in Los Angeles.
- "The doldrum-ending restaurants, according to the post, included Mr. C in Beverly Hills and Public Kitchen & Bar. Right." Where to Eat in L.A. According to L.A. Residents vs. The Wall Street Journal + Other Publications.
- "Come autumn, Manhattans are my go-to drink, the famed cocktail conceived for a presidential rally of which the only thing worth remembering is the borough where it was held." Serious Drinking: The Manhattan.
- "Why are Americans so damn fat, and what can be done about it?" Nutrition Science Initiative: Scientists Create 'Manhattan Project' to Take On Obesity in U.S.
- "Some have it called the 'Chiptole-ization of pizza.'" Assembly-Line Pizza Fight: Clusi Batusi vs. PizzaRev.
- "And no, fro-yo doesn't count." Yogurt Linked to Lower Blood Pressure.
- "For such a seemingly humble sandwich, the Vietnamese bánh mì stirs up a surprisingly high level of debate." 41: Bánh Mì at Buu Dien.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.