Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 9/19 - 9/25
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "When's the last time someone asked if you wanted a burger and a milkshake, and you jumped up and down, screaming 'Yes! Yes! Yes!'" Diary of a 6 Year-Old Foodie: Burger Battle, In-N-Out Vs. Father's Office.
- "Anybody wants a Pacojet for an incredibly low price, they can have it." Pacojet for Sale + An Update on The Tasting Kitchen in Venice.
- "Each year, we used to cook an aioli for 1,000 people. 4 boxes of 300 eggs." A Recipe From the Chef: Aïoli and Confit Fingerling Potatoes from Anisette Brasserie.
- "Remember back when you had to call a restaurant to see when it was open?" Food Tech Support: A New Website Tracks LA's Twittering Food Trucks.
- "The oven will not be for pizza; instead Centeno plans to roast suckling pigs in it." Lazy Ox Canteen Update: The Return of Josef Centeno and Yes, His Bäcos .
- "If you want to start a Korean taco truck, just forget it." Truckin' with Road Stoves: LA's Street Food Redefined.
- "They were performers, nee actors, and not bartenders." On The Rocks: Looking for America's Next Top Model, I Mean Bartender.
- "The challenge will be to be approved by Americans, who are used to a different type of pizza." Coming soon to Culver City: All-You-Can-Eat Brazilian Pizza.
- "Chefs these days have as much ink as the occupants of most prison yards." 5 LA Tattoo Parlors Where Restaurant Pros Go for Food Tattoos: Tattoo Yuzu.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.