Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 9/19-9/23
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "And I suspect I've just offended the ghosts of 50 generations of Basque gourmets." Want Angulas, Spanish Baby Eels? Get the Fake Version.
- "Everything looks better in The Life Aquatic: wetsuits, sea creatures, pregnant journalists, hot air balloon rides. Why wouldn't the drinks also taste better?" Rum Cannonball: The Life Aquatic's Mythical Drink on Bill Murray's Birthday.
- "Equipped with mattresses, tents, chairs, tables, umbrellas and computers, the Chick-fil-A faithful have settled in for a long night." Chick-fil-A Hollywood Opening: People Already in Line.
- "Definitely score one for the good guys." Governor Brown Lifts Ban on Infused Alcohol.
- "On a separate but related note, if you had almost half a million bucks of taxpayer money to blow on food, wouldn't you at least order something other than blueberry muffins and candy?" More Fun With the Department of Justice: $16 Muffins.
- "'So I'd be like, From now on, whenever we put a cup of water in a pot, it has to be a small pot, right?'" Q & A With Nancy Silverton: The Mozza Cookbook, The Problem of Gelato + Doing One Thing at a Time Very, Very Well.
- "Daytime talk show The Chew, which may or may not rhyme with The View on purpose, premieres Monday, and we can't wait." The Chew + An Exclusive Clip of Michael Symon.
- "'"Oh dear Jesus,' Waller, intimidated by the beer research ahead, says in the Introduction." Drinkology Beer: You're Going To Want Another Round Of This Beer Guidebook.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.