If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Rice, seemingly so bland and innocuous, harbors the same deadly poison beloved by Victorian mystery writers." Consumer Reports Warns of Arsenic in Rice.
- "At most regular restaurants, the communal table is awkward at best, and just plain uncomfortable at worst." Trend Watch: Down With Communal Tables?
- "There are plenty of fish in the sea now; you can barely drive a block through Boyle Heights, say, without running into at least one lonchero decked out in bright blue to mark its specialty in seafood." 10 Best Seafood Tacos in Los Angeles.
- "If you thought popcorn was dangerous just because of those hard little things that get stuck between your teeth, think again." Man Awarded $7.2 Million for 'Popcorn Lung.'
- "'This is crazy, I've been here more than 17 years, and they're kicking me out,' he says." Bread Report: Bezian Bakery is Out, Red Bread is in at The Santa Monica Farmers Market.
- "She says she did it of her own volition and was not paid by Starbucks -- unless you count the free Wi-Fi." Woman Claims to Have Lost 85 Pounds on 'Starbucks Diet.'
- "Maybe the headline should have read instead 'Small hearted people aggravated by other people's generosity.'" Are Tipping Percentages Going Up?
- "Oktoberfest doesn't just mean sausage and sauerkraut -- at least not when Farid Zadi busts out his tagine this weekend." Farid Zadi's Couscousfest Returns: Oktoberfest + North African Stoner Food.
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.