Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 9/12 - 9/18
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Hard to believe it was only five weeks ago I tweeted: Why doesn't someone start a pancake truck? " Eating L.A.'s Pat Saperstein on her wish come true.
- "Really, we have to rethink USDA." Marion Nestle finds hope that the department is catching on.
- "Have you become a pig? You bet." Jonathan Gold on Koreatown's Don Dae Gam.
- "No valet parking; no dragging friends who'd rather be home eating cereal to some of LA's finest." FoodGPS Sponsors Progressive Dinners: Walk to your Food.
- "Who needs liquid nitrogen when you've got Krispy Kreme." What Chefs Really Eat: Krispy Kreme at The Bazaar.
- "Well, there are so many types of bloggers." Meet your Food Blogger: Bill Esparza of Street Gourmet LA.
- "Halfway through the mountainous heap, it still looks like it could be a whole serving" Top 10: Fave French Fries in Los Angeles.
- "At home, just add a bit of parsley at the end." The Bazaar's Gambas Al Ajillo: An Easy-to-Make Tapas Recipe.
- "Japanese-made Italian food, much like Japanese-made Japanese food, is much better in Torrance than it is most everywhere else in L.A." Squid Ink Food Fight: Spaghetti and Tomato Sauce, Made In Japan.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.