In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "Designing a menu for Mars is simply a scientific problem to be solved like any other." This is not Buzz Aldrin's Astronaut Food.
- "We should be able to live largely disease-free lives until we are well into our 90s and even past 100 years of age." Whole Foods CEO in an op-ed piece.
- "You can accuse me of being too politically correct."
Why is Rick Bayless the expert on Mexican cuisine when he isn't even Mexican?
- "This taco is about as authentic as a bag [of] fritos dipped in chile con carne." How I stopped worrying and learned to love the jack in the box regular taco.
- "Understanding batters taught me not to fear death," from The Happy Rise of Cookbook Sales: Michael Ruhlman's Book "Ratio" Hits Bestseller List.
- "Where else can you get an awesome meal and pick up your dry-cleaning at the same time?" from Strip Mall Rat: Where to Get Awesome Pupusas.
- "I am by now fairly confident that should I want to surgically excise a streetwalker's liver, I could manage it," from Butchery on the Rise & Julie Powell Takes Up the Cleaver: Does Tim Burton Cook?.
- "The only appropriate tribute to such a legend, it seems, is to turn up the Les Paul tunes and bake an electric guitar cake," from Guitar Legend Les Paul Dies: Raise Your Forks and Bake an Electric Guitar Cake.