In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Designing a menu for Mars is simply a scientific problem to be solved like any other." This is not Buzz Aldrin's Astronaut Food.
- "We should be able to live largely disease-free lives until we are well into our 90s and even past 100 years of age." Whole Foods CEO in an op-ed piece.
- "You can accuse me of being too politically correct."
Why is Rick Bayless the expert on Mexican cuisine when he isn't even Mexican?
- "This taco is about as authentic as a bag [of] fritos dipped in chile con carne." How I stopped worrying and learned to love the jack in the box regular taco.
- "Understanding batters taught me not to fear death," from The Happy Rise of Cookbook Sales: Michael Ruhlman's Book "Ratio" Hits Bestseller List.
- "Where else can you get an awesome meal and pick up your dry-cleaning at the same time?" from Strip Mall Rat: Where to Get Awesome Pupusas.
- "I am by now fairly confident that should I want to surgically excise a streetwalker's liver, I could manage it," from Butchery on the Rise & Julie Powell Takes Up the Cleaver: Does Tim Burton Cook?.
- "The only appropriate tribute to such a legend, it seems, is to turn up the Les Paul tunes and bake an electric guitar cake," from Guitar Legend Les Paul Dies: Raise Your Forks and Bake an Electric Guitar Cake.