Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 8/9-8/13
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "The residual coffee in the air is worth an aerosolized shot, shot and a half, easy." First Bite: Maximum Intelligentsia in Pasadena.
- "Sometimes the best glasses raised are imaginary." Watching Ice Melt: Ernest Shackleton's Antarctic Whiskey Crate Opened.
- "What exactly is it?" Fried Food Gone Too Far: Denny's Mozzarella Stick "Melt."
- "Want to know how America really eats? I guess track where NBA players go after a game." America's 15 Favorite Chain Restaurants: We ♥ The Cheesecake Factory.
- "If you've been wandering around Pasadena in an decaffeinated haze for the last few days, looking for Jones Coffee Roasters and finding instead an empty roaster-shaped hole where your coffeehouse used to be, don't panic: Jones has not closed, but simply moved down the street." Jones Coffee Roasters: Now, Just Down the Street.
- "One Gehry building may be gone forever, but at least there always seems to be another one right around the corner. Or so we thought." When Wine, Food Courts And Frank Gehry Don't Mix: Hall Winery Construction Halted.
- "The first time, it took a bit of nerve. A roadtrip down the 10, then the 60. The exchange was quick but friendly. The fresh mozzarella and burrata was worth it." Meeting Your Makers: Locally Made Mozzarellas.
- "It's not like the non-profit organization is asking you to give up handguns, even for a day." Meatless Mondays: Be a Vegetarian, Just for One Day.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.