In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "Because I have been at parties where I was asked about the pizzeria up to half a dozen times, and the smug Silver Lake dudes, the ones always trying to make excuses for their neighborhood's depressing lack of good restaurants, strut like pigeons whenever the name of the restaurant comes up." Mother Dough: Bringing Pizza Bragging Rights to Silver Lake.
- "I think I've destroyed my Viking range." Q & A With Govind Armstrong: Post & Beam, His New L.A. Restaurant, Why 8oz. Closed + Coming Home.
- "When it comes to craft beer, the labels are more predictable than what sloshes within the bottles." Top 5 Bizarre Beer Labels.
- "Just a couple days ago, he got a tattoo of the shop's logo." Michael Voltaggio Previews ink.; Opens ink.sack Tomorrow [Photo Gallery].
- "After being frog-marched out of his raw milk speakeasy in a Wednesday morning raid then spending the night in jail, Rawesome Foods owner James Stewart was released yesterday on $30,000 bail under the condition that he cannot sell unpasteurized dairy without a license." Rawesome Foods Owner Released on Bail After Raid.
- "With a distinct green color and a smoky, nutty flavor, freekeh makes the best grain salads, ever." A Recipe For Freekeh Salad With Grilled Zucchini: A Freaking Good Salad.
- "Cancel that study abroad trip." Le Cordon Bleu No Longer Accepting International Students to Culinary Certificate Program.
- "So many of those old school cheese books are the sort of Lactobacillus-covered academic manuals that you imagine chemistry geeks toting around in their backpacks." Cookbook Review: Artisan Cheese Making at Home.