In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "When you think of it, what is more important than the food we put on our table?" Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa announcing his food policy task force.
- "In thinking about what I thought about today's Pie, it occurred to me that this exercise in making and commentary feels occasionally like a Chinese Revolutionary Guard exercise in self-criticism." Agneli Caffe chef and Good Food host Evan Kleiman on her Pie-a-Day project.
- "Anything can be dangerous if used incorrectly." Pastry chef and food blogger David Lebovitz on apricot kernels.
- ""I wouldn't eat my cat though, I love my cat." Pat Saperstein quoting Chef Robert Danhi in Eating L.A..
- "shhh...." Eater LA editor Kat Odell on Gonpachi Deathwatch rumors.
- "It's pretty groovy; he's like mowing down Bogart." From Arnold Schwarzenegger Still Rules His Former Restaurant's Space (Now Josiah Citrin's Caché), At Least Aesthetically.
- "Come by. We're going to celebrate." From Chichen Itza Closes Its MacArthur Park Location: Tonight's Last Supper Will Be A Celebration.
- "I never once met a fellow food blogger while writing in Philly or Vietnam. In LA, we seem to meet up at least once a week for an epic feast." From Meet Your Food Blogger: Cathy Danh of Gastronomy.
- "The spaghetti sauce may be a neon-orange mockery loaded up with high fructose corn syrup, but when you need canned meat and you need it now, this shiznit does the trick." From 5 Processed Meat Products We Love to Hate (and Hate to Love)