In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "When you think of it, what is more important than the food we put on our table?" Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa announcing his food policy task force.
- "In thinking about what I thought about today's Pie, it occurred to me that this exercise in making and commentary feels occasionally like a Chinese Revolutionary Guard exercise in self-criticism." Agneli Caffe chef and Good Food host Evan Kleiman on her Pie-a-Day project.
- "Anything can be dangerous if used incorrectly." Pastry chef and food blogger David Lebovitz on apricot kernels.
- ""I wouldn't eat my cat though, I love my cat." Pat Saperstein quoting Chef Robert Danhi in Eating L.A..
- "shhh...." Eater LA editor Kat Odell on Gonpachi Deathwatch rumors.
- "It's pretty groovy; he's like mowing down Bogart." From Arnold Schwarzenegger Still Rules His Former Restaurant's Space (Now Josiah Citrin's Caché), At Least Aesthetically.
- "Come by. We're going to celebrate." From Chichen Itza Closes Its MacArthur Park Location: Tonight's Last Supper Will Be A Celebration.
- "I never once met a fellow food blogger while writing in Philly or Vietnam. In LA, we seem to meet up at least once a week for an epic feast." From Meet Your Food Blogger: Cathy Danh of Gastronomy.
- "The spaghetti sauce may be a neon-orange mockery loaded up with high fructose corn syrup, but when you need canned meat and you need it now, this shiznit does the trick." From 5 Processed Meat Products We Love to Hate (and Hate to Love)