In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "Is there caramel soufflé for dessert? There is always caramel soufflé for dessert." First Bite: There Will Always Be a Caramel Soufflé, or Ludobites 5.0 and Beyond.
- "As of 10 a.m. today, Old Town shoppers, itinerant off-duty baristas, embedded Pasadena food writers and refugees from the Rose Bowl now have a place to order an excellent macchiato, on Colorado Boulevard." Intelligentsia Coffeehouse Opens in Pasadena.
- "Ultimately, they do have one thing going for them: if you close your eyes and eat the food, you can easily imagine yourself sitting in an airport." LAX Update: Airport Food Still Tastes Like Airport Food.
- 'They're probably eating it right now,' said Obama." Happy Birthday Mr. President: Secret Service Vetoes Birthday Cake.
- "But now, thanks to Japanese cell phone accessory-maker Strapya, your iPhone can take on a freakishly-realistic resemblance to the food you actually prepare in your kitchen too." Japan's iPhone Food Cases: Your Phone as Bento Box.
- "It's sort of the grey worsted suit of the beer world." Orval: Beer Recommendations From Golden State's Jason Bernstein.
- "The interior is said to be "created in a spirit of 50's of the last century," which must refer to mid-century Americana and not Soviet-era collectivism, gulags and the last years of Stalin's rule." Taste of a Magazine: Condé Nast-themed Restaurants.
- "Aziz Ansari's favorite chicken franchise is coming right to the heart of Los Angeles."Chick-fil-A Comes to Los Angeles: First 100 Get Free Chicken for a Year.