In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Surely at some point the law of entropy will prevail and L.A. will see more phở joints that focus less on bad puns and pale broths and more on simple, strong bowls of phở." 10 Best Pho Restaurants in Los Angeles.
- "Usually I drink bourbon." Q & A With MSNBC's Chris Hayes: Pastrygate, Eating Live on TV + Who Eats Better, Dems or Republicans?
- "Whenever another pot cookbook lands on our desk, as The Official High Official Times Cannabis Cookbook recently did, we try to look at it from an unbiased reviewer's perspective -- but usually decide the publisher was likely stoned when they accepted the book proposal." The Official High Times Cannabis Cookbook + A Pot Cocktail Recipe.
- "If anything, he continues, cold brews are 'incredibly difficult to mess up,' even if your coffee-to-water ratio is not perfect, or you let the coffee steep too long." 3 Ways to Make Great Iced Coffee at Home.
- "Looking to fill that very specific niche is Late Night Pizza in Pasadena, a delivery and take-out pizza place that opened in June, which not only serves pizza every night until 5 a.m. but only serves from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. -- making it the pizza equivalent of those post-midnight shoe-cobbling elves." Late Night Pizza: Pasadena's After-Hours Pie Dealer + a Pizza Wizard YouTube Video.
- "Needless to say, there wasn't a cocktail to be found." Drinking in Utah: A Road Trip.
- "It takes 14 hours to make three liters of the stuff." Drink This Now: Kyoto-Style Iced Coffee at Cafe Demitasse.
- "Will there be tablecloths? No. Well, maybe." Chef Tony Esnault and Yassmin Sarmadi Join Forces to Open Spring: Between French Bistro and Fine Dining.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!