In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "Joe Fabrocini is a scholar of the hot dog, an expert on the dozens of traditions that make up the American frankfurter diaspora." First Bite: More Room For the Ripper -- A New and Improved Fab Hot Dogs.
- "Is Dante Gonzales an artist/event promoter who loves cooking or a chef who cooks up high-concept events? The self-styled 'Mr. Fried Chicken' lets Los Angeles decide as he stuffs his entire underground art-and-grub mashup party into a food truck." Ride Or Fry: Dante Fried Chicken Truck Rolls Out.
- "From Wookiepedia to sold-out Star Wars conventions to Williams-Sonoma's Star Wars cookie and pancake molds, The Force is still going strong, especially in cake form." Top 10 Star Wars Cakes: Let The Force (of Frosting & Fondant) Be With You.
- "She's like, You're going to graduate and be worth $100,000K, I love your cologne, I used to date a Persian man." Q & A With Samir Mohajer, Part 2: The Price of Culinary School, Jack Tripper + A Little Restaurant Etymology.
- "You wouldn't think it would be possible to ruin bibimbap, but you would be wrong." Best Bibimbap: Okay, Maybe Not the Best, or The Happiness of Cham.
- "My current beer recommendation is one made from only water, barley, malt and hops; and yet it smells like a peach." Tripels: Beer Recommendations From Golden State's Jason Bernstein.
- "Think Thelma and Louise meets Bill Buford's excellent book Heat." Lindy & Grundy's: A New Butcher Shop Coming to Fairfax.
- "A nerd's gotta eat, mainly because walking the half million square foot exhibit hall is the most exercise some of these guys get all year. Also, they have to conserve strength for the eminent Robot Apocalypse." Top 5 Culinary Absurditites at Comic-Con.