Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 7/25-7/29
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Plus, there's a citrus slush, a bioflavonoid bomb enhanced with pomegranate vinegar, that is to a Jamba Juice concoction what a Kia Soul is to your mom's Subaru Forester." Iota: K-Town Teen Heaven.
- "It may be the worst pub burger in all of Los Angeles." Rosewood Tavern: A "Casual" Steakhouse.
- "Tip: Make sure you have access to a pool in which to rinse away the yesterday's hangover." Tales of the Cocktail: A Report from New Orleans.
- "And just like that, the hypertension-plagued clown with the fluffy red 'fro, veteran of billions and billions served, became a public health crusader." Mrs. Obama Approves: McDonald's Selling Apples + Trimming Calories.
- "'Stay away from the liquid nitrogen canister.' 'Save some foie gras cotton candy for your little sister.' 'Stop blowing the foam off of my cocktail.'" Top 10: Most Kid-Unfriendly Restaurants in Los Angeles.
- "I also walk to work and walk to destinations around Pasadena, like the library, Pie 'n Burger, Cham Korean Bistro, etc." L.A. Food Bloggers Workout: How They Can Eat Without Guilt.
- "On this trip, there won't be any barricades or hovering helicopters to protect him, because he wants to mingle with the public." Top Thai Chef Comes to L.A. + A Recipe for Duck Larb.
- "So I just kept feeding her Hennessey, some Cognac. By the time she got buzzed, she gave me the whole recipe." Q & A with Bludso's BBQ Kevin Bludso, Part 2: Old Hickories, Business, and Barbecue Alley.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.