Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 7/25-7/29
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Plus, there's a citrus slush, a bioflavonoid bomb enhanced with pomegranate vinegar, that is to a Jamba Juice concoction what a Kia Soul is to your mom's Subaru Forester." Iota: K-Town Teen Heaven.
- "It may be the worst pub burger in all of Los Angeles." Rosewood Tavern: A "Casual" Steakhouse.
- "Tip: Make sure you have access to a pool in which to rinse away the yesterday's hangover." Tales of the Cocktail: A Report from New Orleans.
- "And just like that, the hypertension-plagued clown with the fluffy red 'fro, veteran of billions and billions served, became a public health crusader." Mrs. Obama Approves: McDonald's Selling Apples + Trimming Calories.
- "'Stay away from the liquid nitrogen canister.' 'Save some foie gras cotton candy for your little sister.' 'Stop blowing the foam off of my cocktail.'" Top 10: Most Kid-Unfriendly Restaurants in Los Angeles.
- "I also walk to work and walk to destinations around Pasadena, like the library, Pie 'n Burger, Cham Korean Bistro, etc." L.A. Food Bloggers Workout: How They Can Eat Without Guilt.
- "On this trip, there won't be any barricades or hovering helicopters to protect him, because he wants to mingle with the public." Top Thai Chef Comes to L.A. + A Recipe for Duck Larb.
- "So I just kept feeding her Hennessey, some Cognac. By the time she got buzzed, she gave me the whole recipe." Q & A with Bludso's BBQ Kevin Bludso, Part 2: Old Hickories, Business, and Barbecue Alley.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Big Fat Jerks Set Rocio's Mole de los Dioses on Fire, McWhoppers for Peace and More:...
- Huitlacoche Is No Scourge In L.A. Here's Where to Find the Funky Mexican Corn Fungus
- No One Wants To Use Your Stupid Restaurant App
- Help Us Determine L.A.'s Top Chefs, Tacos, Cocktails, Burgers, Brunch and More for Our...