Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 7/2 - 7/6
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "If you still look confused, you may be offered a free sample." 10 Best Tamales in Los Angeles.
- "But, as one might predict, the law barely lasted one full business day before a lawsuit was filed against it." Lawsuit Claims Foie Gras Ban Is Unconstitutional.
- "People, it is your cultural duty to make cocktails at home." 10 Best Liquor Stores in Los Angeles.
- "In a press release that is equal parts repulsive and fantastic, Rogue Brewing Co. in Newport, Ore., announces it is testing recipes for a beer that will be fermented by yeast that was growing spontaneously in its brewmaster's beard." Rogue Brewing Beer From Beard Yeast: Specifically, Its Brewmaster's Own Beard.
- "Would it be too far to call fried eggs and onion strings the new mustard?" 82: Sooo Cali Dog at Dog Haus.
- "But while java is keeping your face from slamming into your keyboard, it also might be protecting you from skin cancer (should you have the opportunity to step outside)." Coffee Might Help Prevent Skin Cancer.
- "'We would explain who Harvey Milk was, but if you don't know, then please close this book and kindly return it.'" Cookbook of the Week: Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream Book Is Not Your Mother's (Damn) Ice Cream Book.
- "The one tragedy is that the man who could really use Nash's dietary advice, Lamar "The Candyman" Odom, is now playing for the cross-town Clippers." Steve Nash's Secret Diet + NBA Eating Habits.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.