In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "If there happens to be a bottle of illegal añejo in your purse, that's between you and your conscience." Ask Mr. Gold: Seeking Romantic, Inexpensive, Healthy, Not Boring, Wheat- and dairy-free Restaurant (with aged Mezcal).
- "Most Dodger fans likely have bigger things on their minds, and they should reflect upon them whilst sipping on the smaller beer." The Problem of the Price of Beer at Dodger Stadium.
- "No matter how addicted you are to Nutella, you probably haven't powered down an entire jar in one sitting, never mind in four minutes." Man Eats Whole Jar of Nutella.
- "Should you still be looking for ideas to pass those 405 weekend closure hours in a few weeks, San Francisco-based food writer Karen Solomon has a 70+ suggestions in her latest book, Can It, Bottle It, Smoke It." Cookbook Review: Can It, Bottle It, Smoke It + A Recipe For Homemade Cornflakes (!).
- "'We want to bring drunk brunch to L.A.,' explains Lane. Of course they do." Brunch at The Tasting Kitchen: Fried Chicken & Waffles + The Drunk Brunch.
- "Despite dozens of housing projects downtown getting cancelled due to the financial malaise, beer bars are popping up at an exponential rate." 38 Degrees Ale House & Grill: Beer Lover's Paradise... in Alhambra.
- "Because what is a countdown clock but a handy kitchen timer anyway." Carmageddon Countdown Clock: Your 405 Freeway Closure + Kitchen Timer.
- "Class action securities law was easier than trying to figure out how many parking spots I need for my coffee shop." Demitasse Will Not Have Pourover Coffee + Other Twists on the Third Wave Coffee Shop.