Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 6/20-6/24
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "But keep in mind, I am not a trained physician -- I'm a guy who likes to justify an occasional shot of sotol or xtabentún." Ask Mr. Gold: Thoughts on Digestifs, or Drinking to Digest.
- "It's not three martinis at Taylor's or a nip from the bottle of Belvedere in the bottom drawer of your desk, but the alcoholic milkshakes at GO Burger may be Hollywood's ultimate liquid lunch." 30 Scoops in 30 Days: GO Burger (Day 17).
- "Foie gras cupcakes and gossip: what more could any of us want. " LudoBites 7.0 + The LudoBites Cookbook.
- "This will give you bigger wings than that staid can of Red Bull in your desk drawer." 10 Places to Get a Damn Good Cup of Vietnamese Coffee.
- "'I know, I know, ' writes Chang, 'it's the 'ramen' issue, so we should just have like sixty-nine noodle recipes and nothing else. But when we were talking about ramen, we got to talking about the eggs in the ramen, and the conversation just spun out from there.'" Lucky Peach: The New Food Journal From David Chang & Friends Is Here.
- "Despite the June gloom, summer is officially here and that means Los Angeles hotels go a bit Vegas when hosting poolside parties." Top 10 Pool Party Hotel Restaurants: Welcome to Summertime in L.A.
- "We've heard of restaurateurs having hissy fits over bad Yelp reviews and even kicking out newspaper reviewers, but jailing a blogger over a bad review?" Blogger Jailed Over Bad Beef Noodle Review.
- "It might be a good night to go out to dinner, if you're a celebrity. Or an FBI agent." The FBI Knocks Eater Offline: Back Tomorrow, Presumably.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.