Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 6/14-6/18
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "I WANT TO BUY YOUR GOATS." Top 10 Craigslist Farm + Garden Listings.
- "Indulging your super-sweet tooth instead is not a solution." Love Salty Snacks? You May Have Superpowers.
- "Plus, by the time in the evening when chefs feel they have enough time to work the dining room, the evening's service is probably pretty much over, and it is unlikely that the residue from your germy, grimy mitts will be plunged directly into a bowl full of egg whites." Ask Mr. Gold: Shake n' Bake, or When is it Cool to Press the Chef's Flesh?
- "Sadly, there was no internal memo concerning overuse of Proust references or exclamation marks." Top 10 Foodie Words We Hate: Starting With Foodie.
- "You can go back and get more." What's in Season at the Farmers Markets: Summer Tomatoes.
- "Rice Krispie treats are among the Michigan recipes because "how can we pass up one of America's favorite snacks?" writes Brown. How about because it's not a cake?" New Baking Book Review: United Cakes of America.
- "What with the Lakers winning another title last night, some remarkable first round games in the World Cup, and a handful of disasters both at home and abroad, you may not have noticed that yet another food blog launched yesterday." Eatocracy: CNN's Food Blog Launches + How to Pronounce Guanciale.
- "The most interesting question to us in this process, though, is what happens to all of these cans of food." Uh-Oh: Campbell's Soup Recalls 15 Million Pounds of SpaghettiOs with Meatballs.
- "In other words, if we all hang out at Starbucks, typing on our laptops and looking up those restaurants on Zagat that we can't afford to eat at any longer, we'll buy more lattes and blueberry streusel muffins. They may have a point." Starbucks Makes Wi-Fi Free: How To Cater To Unemployed Writers.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.