In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
- "I sleep better knowing that there is still fried pork leg with onions like this in the world." Ask Mr. Gold: Top 10 Pico Boulevard Eats.
- "Aside from Sun Chips and soda, Rite Aid's most noteworthy gastronomic feature (read: its only noteworthy gastronomic feature) is its ice cream bar." 30 Scoops in 30 Days: Rite Aid (Day 9).
- "So go watch it, if for no other reason than to listen to DJDave find words to rhyme with Humboldt Fog and quinoa. Which some of us have been trying to do unsuccessfully for years." Whole Foods Parking Lot: The Music Video + What to Rhyme with Quinoa.
- "Get ready for Choi's most American menu to date, one that's "laid-back, beachy and contemporary, while expressing some of the classic idiosyncrasies of Roy's imagination." Roy Choi Takes Over Beechwood Kitchen; Jamie Lauren Out.
- "And soon enough Andy Dick will have to venture elsewhere for a slice of banana cream pie before his trip to the slammer." Marie Callender's Files Bankruptcy, Closes Stores + End of the Line for Mediocre Restaurant Chains?
- "Every so often, when camera-hungry celebs, childhood health issues and education policy collide, it's a win-win-win." LAUSD Bans Chocolate Milk: Thanks To Parents, Jamie Oliver & Jimmy Kimmel.
- "Four words. Bikinis. Board shorts. Beer." Top 10 American Craft Beers for Summer.
- "For people who eschew red meat yet eat poultry (you might hear them claim they "do it for the protein"), duck is a gateway drug, an opulent bridge between feathered and hooved things." Eat This Now: Lukshon's Duck Popiah.