In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad."
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "Foie gras masquerading as Singaporean street food? Why not? Time is fleeting." 10 Best Foie Gras Dishes in Los Angeles.
- "It could be a scene from Portlandia." Mother Dough: Thursday, June 14, 8:14 p.m.
- "It looks like a cheese cart and perhaps once was: It runs with the silence only German engineers can create, and it probably cost more than your 2008 Toyota." 89: Live Santa Barbara Spot Prawns at Providence.
- "What they didn't realize was how magnificently these three elements would interlock into one of the most naturally invigorating booster shots ever conceived, and one of the drinks with which we herald summer." Summer Drinks, Part 1: The Gin & Tonic.
- "Solo Cup was not invented by a disheveled, underperforming coed in the late '70s." Red Solo Cups: Beer Pong + Handy Measuring Cup.
- "The pivotal question on which to choose is a decidedly first-world, and pleasing, dilemma: fresh eating or pie and jam?" What's in Season at the Farmers Market: Youngberries and Boysenberries.
- "As for the name Pharmacie (that's the French spelling), it has a double meaning: Mixed drinks were originally served in pharmacies as health remedies, and Lowe's own father is a pharmacist." Pharmacie: Talmadge Lowe's Bespoke Cocktails + Southern Hospitality.
- "David Lynch has written at some length about his creative meditations and the fact that for many years they were fueled by little more than the chocolate milkshake at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank." 10 Best Milkshakes in Los Angeles.