In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "If you are planning on opening a modern gastropub without pigs' ear on the menu, you might as well stick to Beer Nuts and Bac-O-Nets." Best Pigs' Ear: The Lazy Ox Canteen.
- "If the refrigerators come with a Peter Sellers voice-and-menu option, they're probably worth it, if just for the entertainment value." The Smart Fridge: How To Let Your Kitchen Appliance Deal With Your Dinner Problems.
- "Home butchery is the new backyard chicken coop." Culinary Comeback: Home Butchery Class.
- "Somewhere in a Habit burger is a thin puck of fire-grilled beef, but it can be tough to locate." Identity Crisis at The Habit Burger Grill.
- "A bowl of noodles, like a vision quest, is a journey that should be ventured alone, followed through from beginning to end." Top 10 Asian Noodle Bowls For Under $7.
- "And Providence is still a place where the wisp of lemon zest on a chunk of seared sea bass has the resonance of a flatted-ninth chord in a Schubert adagio." Ask Mr. Gold: Alone Again! The Kid is Finally Old Enough for a Babysitter. Where to Celebrate?
- "As for what Celtics fans will be drinking, I guess there's always the familiar green beer route." Morton's Puts a Laker Cocktail on the Menu + The Recipe.
- "Instead of being bitter that you can't smell Bobby Flay's cumin-crusted steak or Guy Fieri's chili-rubbed rib eye, just head down to North Carolina where they're one step closer to smell-o-vision." One Step Closer to Smell-o-vision: North Carolina Billboard Smells Like BBQ.
- "And should you decide going straight to the cheese plate is more your speed, there is, of course, an Idiot's Guide for that, too." Cookbook Review: Complete Idiot's Guide to Cheese Making for the Gouda Challenged.