Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 5/29 - 6/1
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "If you want more of this salsa, it'll be an extra quarter. This would be but a small price to pay for a fleeting moment of bliss." Top 6 Tacos in the San Fernando Valley.
- "It's unknown whether the spray jelly can also be utilized as a personal lubricant, but you'll soon be able to find out when the product hits the shelves at the Umami shop online." Umami Burger's Fancy "Pink Slime" Burger.
- "People rightly pilgrimage there, locating the place by wood and perfume -- and the sign, in which "Western" is spelled backwards, as if Hans Christian Andersen (or maybe Wes Anderson) was actually running the show." 94: Peruvian Chicken at Pollo a la Brasa.
- "'"You'd think eating organic would make you feel elevated and want to pay it forward.'" Organic Foodies Are Jerks, Study Finds.
- "A love for wine and dogs can co-exist." 5 Dog-Friendly Winery Tasting Rooms.
- "Their motto: In the game of food, you win or you wash dishes." Game of Thrones Official Cookbook Debuts + A Recipe for Medieval Applecakes.
- "Not the undead, flesh-eating sort, but the cocktail variety, brought to life in the '30s by Donn Beach at his Hollywood restaurant Don the Beachcomber, just after the repeal of Prohibition." At Melisse: Reviving the Zombie.
- "As the series continues, you likely will see L.A.'s hockey faithful at breakfast, carrying out a makeshift tradition that goes back to January, when left wing Dustin Penner threw out his back while eating pancakes." 5 Great Pancakes in Los Angeles: For L. A. Kings' Fans.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Trattoria Napolis to Close, French Laundry Wine Recovered: This Week in Food
- Celebrate Australia Day in L.A. With Pies, Lamingtons, Fairy Bread and a Flat White
- L.A. Most Authentic Singaporean Dishes and Drinks Are at QQ Kopitiam in Pasadena
- On Its Fifth Anniversary, Here's What's Defining the L.A. Beer Scene