In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Someday soon, we are promised, LAX will be a magical fairyland of cuisine, where the terminals will fairly bristle with the best that Los Angeles dining has to offer, where the enchiladas, pizzas, and exquisite regional cuisine will be as close as the Lot C shuttle. At the moment - not so much." Ask Mr. Gold: Stranded At (Or Near) LAX? Head To Mariscos Chente.
- "But even the most OCD baker does not usually require 26 pages to outline the requirements for brownies. Unless he works for the government, that is." The Cookie Monster: Baking With the Federal Government.
- "But we all have cravings, and we don't always have the time or the inclination to burrow through traffic to gratify them." The Trials of Westside Chinese: California Wok.
- "I told George, You know what, you stay with boxing and I'll stay with cooking. I don't think I can eat this." Q & A With Wolfgang Puck, Part 2: Spago (The Musical), Life in an Austrian Kitchen + The Joys of HSN.
- "Not only would your hunger have been abated, but perhaps your frustration at the Suns bench would have been too." NBA To Put Logos on Food: The Phoenix Suns Can Be Toast, Literally.
- "How upset could they be? the store argued. They still ate the ham." Severed Finger Found in Food: Top 5 Real-Life Incidents.
- "It's remarkable that men who have voluntarily abandoned possessions and pleasures to achieve better union with god are also responsible for one of the world's most mythologized, celebrated and sensual high-proof spirits." Drink Me: Chartreuse.
- "He blamed the dipping sauce." Lakers Win: Thanks to Ron Artest & Artichoke Dip.
- "Sushi Popper's website claims it 'takes sushi... where it was difficult to go before.' Exactly where would that be?" The Next Wave of Fast Food: The Sushi Popper?