In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "This is the South. You have to have liquor. This is not California." Q & A With Amber Huffman: Bourbon Blunders, Derby Cocktails + Cooking For Jess Jackson At His Kentucky Racehorse Farm.
- "Can 79 years of frankfurters and tropical juices be wrong?" Food Truck Friday: Papaya King Truck.
- "The rye adds just a hint of spiciness and grain, and though a bomber of this 7% brew may be a little much for the middle of the day, it's perfect for splitting with a fellow hophead or for sipping over the course of an evening on the stoop. Not that we endorse this apparently illegal practice, of course." Lawn Mowing Under the Influence: 5 Great Beers for Summer.
- "Ah, well. Enjoy your ballroom dancing. Sign a petition. Have a glass of chocolate milk." ABC Pulls Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution.
- "Throughout human history, donkeys have been saddled with burdens too numerous to count, so being painted pink and forced to serve as the mascot for a terrible fast-food chain named after a colloquial term for "vagina" seems like the least of the species' worries." Pink Taco's Pink Donkey Angers Animal Rights Activists.
- "In other words, this a breakfast date with yourself and the paper (print edition) as opposed to a curbside snack." Eat This Now: Churros at Churros Calientes.
- "Wait, Feniger and Milliken do Mexican food?" Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken Go to OC, Show Real Housewives that Mexican Food is for More Than Just Pool Parties.
- "Stormtrooper flash-mobs? Please. Yoda masks? Most likely" Star Wars Day: May the Fourth (+ A Thematically Appropriate Cake) Be With You.
- "A Royal wedding cake, for all its multitiered architectural glory and leitmotif of garlands, lacked the visceral punch of a goat head triptych." Tacos de Cabeza: More Fun with Goat Heads + Test Kitchen Experiments.