Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 5/16-5/20
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "My friends, the ones eating monkfish, assume that I was talking to a dealer. In a manner of speaking, I was." Nathan McCall: The Butcher of Hillhurst Avenue.
- "It's self-heating. (That's halfway between science and Satan.)" Apocalypse Food Review: Self-Heating Chicken Booyah.
- "I don't really like the Anti-Griddle. PolyScience will never sponsor me now." Q & A With Sang Yoon, Part 2: His Jewish Grandmother, Duck Tongue + Why The Chef Wants A Centrifuge.
- "We've been there. It's rush hour. Or, Obama's in town. Or, there's a terrible hip-hop band on the freeway." 10 Restaurants Off the 10 Between Downtown and Santa Monica Where You Can Escape Traffic and Regain Your Sanity.
- "Recession? What recession." Gilt Taste Lauches: Ruth Reichl's Fabulous Prose & Fancy Cheese Store.
- "What do you get when you mix wild boar sopes with green tofu balls? We're about to find out." [Updated] Your Next Pop-Up: Laurent Quenioux at Starry Kitchen.
- "My friend grillmaster Tim Midgett has proposed a TV show that would be just an hour of Jacques Pepin cutting vegetables, and I'd TiVo every episode of that." Indie Rock Food Blogs: The Steve Albini Interview.
- "We made our birria with lamb, because there's only so much goat that two men can love." Recipe: Birria de Borrego Estilo Sinoloa y Norte Africano.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Big Fat Jerks Set Rocio's Mole de los Dioses on Fire, McWhoppers for Peace and More:...
- Huitlacoche Is No Scourge In L.A. Here's Where to Find the Funky Mexican Corn Fungus
- No One Wants To Use Your Stupid Restaurant App
- Help Us Determine L.A.'s Top Chefs, Tacos, Cocktails, Burgers, Brunch and More for Our...