In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "Animals have been talking to me. And any shaman will say that that's not that weird." Q & A With Roy Choi: Slinging Tacos at Midnight, Calling Out Jamie Oliver + Choi's Vegetable Moment.
- "After all, in Los Angeles, nothing can be said to certain, except death and tacos." 10 Best Tacos in Los Angeles.
- "After sampling Plascencia's beef tongue sous-vide, Bourdain moves onto a mezcal tasting with guide Tony, then hops into a pink limousine for a quick trip to "'taco alley.'" Anthony Bourdain's Baja Episode of No Reservations Will Make You Want to Cross the Border Immediately.
- "You might say the spirit of the Tar Pit lives on in its sister tavern, a semi-permanent pop-up within a venerable dining institution." Tar Pit Migration: A Pop-up Tavern at Campanile.
- "Now comes yet more evidence that Sweden's King Gustav III got it all wrong." Coffee Drinkers May Outlive Us All: Thank You, Malcolm Gladwell + The AARP.
- "I can't do any more tasting menus. I think the whole culture feels that way." Q & A With Joel Stein: The "Intolerable Foodie" on Organics, Foodie Culture + Man Food.
- "See also: 'ketchup is a vegetable,' from the Ronald Reagan days." Pizza Isn't a Vegetable, Congressman Insists.
- "This loco moco, as Indiana Jones would say, belongs in a museum." Loco Moco at Tak's Coffee Shop.