Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 5/14 - 5/18
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Animals have been talking to me. And any shaman will say that that's not that weird." Q & A With Roy Choi: Slinging Tacos at Midnight, Calling Out Jamie Oliver + Choi's Vegetable Moment.
- "After all, in Los Angeles, nothing can be said to certain, except death and tacos." 10 Best Tacos in Los Angeles.
- "After sampling Plascencia's beef tongue sous-vide, Bourdain moves onto a mezcal tasting with guide Tony, then hops into a pink limousine for a quick trip to "'taco alley.'" Anthony Bourdain's Baja Episode of No Reservations Will Make You Want to Cross the Border Immediately.
- "You might say the spirit of the Tar Pit lives on in its sister tavern, a semi-permanent pop-up within a venerable dining institution." Tar Pit Migration: A Pop-up Tavern at Campanile.
- "Now comes yet more evidence that Sweden's King Gustav III got it all wrong." Coffee Drinkers May Outlive Us All: Thank You, Malcolm Gladwell + The AARP.
- "I can't do any more tasting menus. I think the whole culture feels that way." Q & A With Joel Stein: The "Intolerable Foodie" on Organics, Foodie Culture + Man Food.
- "See also: 'ketchup is a vegetable,' from the Ronald Reagan days." Pizza Isn't a Vegetable, Congressman Insists.
- "This loco moco, as Indiana Jones would say, belongs in a museum." Loco Moco at Tak's Coffee Shop.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.