Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 5/14 - 5/18
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Animals have been talking to me. And any shaman will say that that's not that weird." Q & A With Roy Choi: Slinging Tacos at Midnight, Calling Out Jamie Oliver + Choi's Vegetable Moment.
- "After all, in Los Angeles, nothing can be said to certain, except death and tacos." 10 Best Tacos in Los Angeles.
- "After sampling Plascencia's beef tongue sous-vide, Bourdain moves onto a mezcal tasting with guide Tony, then hops into a pink limousine for a quick trip to "'taco alley.'" Anthony Bourdain's Baja Episode of No Reservations Will Make You Want to Cross the Border Immediately.
- "You might say the spirit of the Tar Pit lives on in its sister tavern, a semi-permanent pop-up within a venerable dining institution." Tar Pit Migration: A Pop-up Tavern at Campanile.
- "Now comes yet more evidence that Sweden's King Gustav III got it all wrong." Coffee Drinkers May Outlive Us All: Thank You, Malcolm Gladwell + The AARP.
- "I can't do any more tasting menus. I think the whole culture feels that way." Q & A With Joel Stein: The "Intolerable Foodie" on Organics, Foodie Culture + Man Food.
- "See also: 'ketchup is a vegetable,' from the Ronald Reagan days." Pizza Isn't a Vegetable, Congressman Insists.
- "This loco moco, as Indiana Jones would say, belongs in a museum." Loco Moco at Tak's Coffee Shop.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- A New Wave of L.A. Social Enterprises Serve Pizza and Coffee With Community in Mind
- SCI-Arc's Adorable Campus Cafe Is No College Cafeteria (And It's Open to the Public)
- In a City With Few Meat CSAs, Could This Box Be the Future of Grass-Fed Beef?
- Chef Phillip Frankland Lee's 10 Favorite San Fernando Valley Restaurants