Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 4/9 - 4/13
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "You complete the machine, in other words, but the machine does not complete you." Coca-Cola Machine Dispenses Can of Coke for the Price of a Hug.
- "I have to watch out for bears? Are you serious?" Q & A With Bryant Ng: The Spice Table, Food & Wine's Best New Chef Award, Bears in Aspen + The Joy of Pig's Tails.
- "But tear your eyes away from the long list of available taco fillings chalked on the giant menu for just a second and shift your gaze to the right." Eat This Now: Tamales at Guisados.
- "Today I'm channeling my inner Napoleon Dynamite." Sara O'Donnell and the Making of "Average Betty."
- "Funny, we have yet to have a bottle last that long." New Stack-able Wines: The Summer Picnic + Rock Aquarium Fun.
- "By the time another train zooms through, though, everyone's glass is raised." The Pub at Golden Road Brewery: Liquid Gold.
- "Is it a cheery note to would-be foodists? No. More reason to go read it." Read This Now: Amanda Hesser on Becoming a Food Writer.
- "That's mounds per hour, although it's probably just a matter of time before someone combines these robots with Google's self-driving car to create a vehicle that rolls sushi as you roll through traffic." SushiBots Are the Anti-Jiro, Creating 3,600 Pieces Per Hour.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.