Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 4/5-4/9
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "The way things are going, we'll probably see a camel-hump truck parked out behind the Brig within a month or two." Hump Day: Cooking Camels With Anissa Helou.
- "The Burger Wars have taken a whole new direction. Like maybe into cultural irony, although that's expecting a lot from a fast food chain." Have It Your Way: 3 New Saudi Arabian Burger King Ads.
- "It's almost like taking the pig to a Korean nail lady. It's a little bit absurd." Q & A With José Andrés: His TV Show, What Should Be In Your Pantry & Cooking with Ferrán Adriá.
- "The temperature drops, the Scoville Index climbs, and if you're lucky, an alien beer arrives table side (and no, this isn't another X-Files sequel). Welcome to New Mexico." Roswell Alien Amber Ale: The Truth is Out There (Just Cross State Lines).
- "Look -- Papi is a cLassicaLLy trained chef who came up through some reaLLy prestigious and hardcore kitchens. And his core business now stems from a TACO TRUCK?...now he's working on RICE BOWLS in the middLe of a forgotten strip maLL? What do you think he's trying to teLL you?" Kogi's Roy Choi is First Food Truck Chef Named "Best New Chef" by Food & Wine.
- "French women don't get fat, people say, although they probably never met my 11th-grade French teacher, a daughter of Normandie who could have taken Gorilla Monsoon three falls out of five." No Fat Chicks, S'il Vous Plait: Dining with Mme. Giuliano at Petrossian Boutique.
- "Now, thanks to an incidental discovery by Chad Ettmueller, a structured settlement broker in Cumming, Ga, there's a sandwich capable of locking men's mouths." Don't Supersize Me: Man Eating Sandwich Eating Man.
- "I once almost bought a house because its massive fireplace seemed made for this dish. If it wasn't for the burros and sombreros carved into the ceiling beams, I might be living there today." 10 Leg of Lamb Recipes I Briefly Considered Making Yesterday.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.