Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 4/5-4/9
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "The way things are going, we'll probably see a camel-hump truck parked out behind the Brig within a month or two." Hump Day: Cooking Camels With Anissa Helou.
- "The Burger Wars have taken a whole new direction. Like maybe into cultural irony, although that's expecting a lot from a fast food chain." Have It Your Way: 3 New Saudi Arabian Burger King Ads.
- "It's almost like taking the pig to a Korean nail lady. It's a little bit absurd." Q & A With José Andrés: His TV Show, What Should Be In Your Pantry & Cooking with Ferrán Adriá.
- "The temperature drops, the Scoville Index climbs, and if you're lucky, an alien beer arrives table side (and no, this isn't another X-Files sequel). Welcome to New Mexico." Roswell Alien Amber Ale: The Truth is Out There (Just Cross State Lines).
- "Look -- Papi is a cLassicaLLy trained chef who came up through some reaLLy prestigious and hardcore kitchens. And his core business now stems from a TACO TRUCK?...now he's working on RICE BOWLS in the middLe of a forgotten strip maLL? What do you think he's trying to teLL you?" Kogi's Roy Choi is First Food Truck Chef Named "Best New Chef" by Food & Wine.
- "French women don't get fat, people say, although they probably never met my 11th-grade French teacher, a daughter of Normandie who could have taken Gorilla Monsoon three falls out of five." No Fat Chicks, S'il Vous Plait: Dining with Mme. Giuliano at Petrossian Boutique.
- "Now, thanks to an incidental discovery by Chad Ettmueller, a structured settlement broker in Cumming, Ga, there's a sandwich capable of locking men's mouths." Don't Supersize Me: Man Eating Sandwich Eating Man.
- "I once almost bought a house because its massive fireplace seemed made for this dish. If it wasn't for the burros and sombreros carved into the ceiling beams, I might be living there today." 10 Leg of Lamb Recipes I Briefly Considered Making Yesterday.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.