Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 4/30 - 5/4
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Goan restaurants are almost nonexistent in the U.S., perhaps due to the fact that the region enjoys such a resort-town popularity in India that few of its chefs would ever imagine emigrating their bustling hotel kitchen posts." Lawrence of India: Lizardfish + The Cuisine of Goa.
- "Because the days move faster than you think, and because setting your kitchen egg timer or your iPhone is, well, problematic." Your Foie Gras Countdown Clock.
- "So when faced with the Oktoberfest-of-Mexican-beer that is Cinco (or should we say "Drinko"?) de Mayo, arm yourself with our top 5 beers we think you should get down with before the tequila drops you to the floor." Top 5 Mexican Beers: What to Drink Before Tequila.
- "(They also sent us many interesting photos, but we'll spare you those.)" Chefs' Worst Kitchen Injuries: More Fun Behind the Stoves.
- "Daikon, fish cakes, eggs, suji niku (charmingly billed as "fibrous meat"), tofu and konjac, a traditional vegetable that's kind of like a cross between a plant and an eraser." Eat This Now: Oden at Morinoya.
- "I'm back there just playing with food, having a good time." Stuff I Eat: Going Vegan in Inglewood.
- "It's nothing new -- it's that same stuff Louis Pasteur called ''the most healthful and most hygienic of beverages.'" Red Wine's Anti-Aging Properties Confirmed in Study.
- "Why would anyone be concerned about a pizza joint that doesn't invest in an actual storefront?" Update: Hollywood Pies Moves West + Seating Coming Soon.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.