Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 4/26-4/30
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "I don't mean to be coy -- I'm just more interested at the moment in the popsicle-qua-popsicle than I am in the particular place of origin." Ask Mr. Gold: An Icy Taste of Hell, and Other Paleta Flavors at Los Alpes.
- "Before college, some may have avoided packaged mystery meat, but once students taste the convenient canned food for the first time, many never look back." Top 10 Food Habits You Picked up During College & Probably Miss.
- "We had a good run: 8 years, 7 years as Max. But this economy is brutal." Marching Orders: Marché Restaurant is Closing.
- "The location will be transformed into a "Pinkberry Support Center" for the brand." The Original West Hollywood Pinkberry Closes After 5 Years.
- "Well we don't know about the rest of you, but we could sure go for a beer and a sandwich right about now." Man Claims To Have Gone 70 Years Without Food or Water.
- "And it was Bobby Flay, and I was like, Fuck! Goddamn it, out of all the chefs, I get paired with Bobby Flay." Q & A with Marcel Vigneron: Island Life, Going Molecular & Cooking with Bobby Flay.
- "And a losing sandwich? I only tasted one that required me to suppress my gag reflex: an inexplicable mix of blue cheese, chocolate and raspberries." The Grilled Cheese Invitational 2010: 6 Hours, 82 Sandwiches.
- "Canadians are passionate about food." Top Chef Canada Coming Soon."
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.