Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 4/23 - 4/27
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Outside of Mexico, you'd be hard-pressed to find a restaurant serving huazontles capiados -- it's known mostly as a humble peasant's dish eaten during Lent, which might be kind of the point." Bizarra Capital: Beyond the Border.
- "Veganism, health consciousness, barbecue, baking -- you name it, there's a podcast for it." 5 Podcasts for Food Lovers.
- "The process felt a bit like assembling a stack of Sunday morning pancakes, though it would seem doubtful you'd be sipping a pitcher of Kirin then." Gottsui: A Review + A Brief History of Okonomiyaki.
- "We were bound to get a food-blogging edition of the endless "Dummies" series (we must not be getting any smarter) one of these days." Want to Start a Food Blog? Food Blogging for Dummies Could Be Just What You Need, Depending on Your Pie Expectations.
- "Wansink, author of Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think, told Squid Ink that when we serve ourselves food, we often space out and don't really think about how much we are putting on our plates. (Guilty as charged.)" Are Your Plates Making You Fat?
- "'Briks are equivalent to burgers in America,' says Alain Cohen, co-owner of GK." Our Next Meal: Got Kosher Cafe.
- "They've been hand-picked by an 'expert foraging team' from ocean-front shores, peat bogs and, we are told, even a few 'windswept hills' for that full cinematic cocktail effect." The Botanist: A New Oscar-Worthy Gin.
- "'I should have stayed at home for dinner. I could have had something on a tray. The head of John the Baptist, or something.'" Food Review or Dorothy Parker?
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Chef Michael Cimarusti Launches Dock to Dish, California's First Restaurant-Supported...
- Walk Through Greenspan's Grilled Cheese to Get to an Adorably Odd New Restaurant
- What to Taste and Do at L.A. Times' the Taste
- This Indian Restaurant Row Has Mumbai Snacks and Solid Pakistani Meals at a Best Western