In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "Is this a cry for help? Very well, it is a cry for help." Root Beer Milk: A Float In a Bottle.
- "But mostly what the Hog Killing dinners are about are the chitlins, huge kettles of chitlins, that are mercifully cooked in a kitchen that doesn't happen to be your own." Chitlins: Pasadena's Hog Killing Dinners.
- "Yes, there are the obvious and excessively meathead-heavy spots like Hooters, Barney's Beanery, The Parlor and South, but we're just gonna go ahead and ignore those in favor of some spots with a little more local character." Top 5 Sports Bars West of the 405.
- "Ruth Bourdain, actual identity still unknown, has added Ann Landers to the schizophrenic mix." Ask @ruthbourdain: Ann Landers, Dr. Ruth & A Chef's Knife.
- "Like the cartoon, the truck can be understood two ways: wholesome family fare or stoner fantasy." Jinkies! Munchie Machine Rolls Out: Panini, S'Mores, Vegan Desserts.
- "Guess it doesn't matter if the food is any good when you have a pound of coke in your Happy Meal." Airplane Happy Meals: Cocaine Hidden in In-Flight Food.
- "To be perfectly honest, we're not sure that some of Taco Bell's burritos don't do this anyway." Top 10 Food-Related Onion Headlines.
- "And you thought Food, Inc. was scary." Zombies + Fried Chicken = "Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead."