Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 4/16 - 4/20
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "This meal need not stray too far from your preferences. Not when there are such wide-ranging options like vegan ice cream, pizza, and com ga hai nam available." 10 Best Vegan-Friendly Restaurants in L.A.: Happy Earth Day.
- "Cuernavaca is the capital city of the state of Morelos, just south of Mexico City, which you might know either because you paid attention during fifth-grade geography, or because you're cribbing from the map printed on the back of the taqueria's menu." Taqueria Cuernavaca: Land of Eternal Spring.
- "We still haven't quite figured out why it's called grilled cheese, when there's rarely a grill involved, but we're willing to let that one go." 10 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in Los Angeles.
- "Yeah, we're seriously considering becoming a professional fisherman now, too, just for the horror-film fun of it." Cookbook of the Week: The River Cottage Fish Book + How to Cook Trout and Recycle Newspaper at the Same Time.
- "Taric, a Sri Lankan immigrant and a regular at Asian Lanka Restaurant in Reseda, is one of those gregarious strangers who can trigger hunger pangs when he speaks to you about food while you wait in line to order." Asian Lanka: Finding Sri Lanka's Culinary Identity.
- "The relationship between beer and spirits is closer than you think -- and not just for the growing beer cocktail trend or the "pint and a shot" special at your local dive." Top 5 Spirits for Beer Geeks: Belgian-Style Rum, Hoparitas and Moonshine IPA.
- "Lines for vendors were impossible to maneuver through and many compared the turnout to that of Coachella or the Pebble Beach Food and Wine Festival." 626 Night Market Organizers Respond to Community Feedback.
- "But when detail-minded Woody Allen shot his newest film, To Rome With Love, no morsel was left to chance." Garofalo: The Italian Pasta in Woody's New Film, To Rome With Love.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.