In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "You will leave slightly drunk, slightly sore and covered with stinking juice. It's what love is all about." Ask Mr. Gold: Big Plate Dating.
- "This working shoulder-launched munition made with 15 pounds of bacon can fire model rockets or summer sausages." The Bacon Bazooka + A Brief Interview With Those Responsible.
- "Open since 1999, it's the best thing that ever came from a PBR brewery." Barbara's at the Brewery: The Best Beer Bar in L.A. You've Never Heard Of.
- "Once immortalized in the Beck song 'Debra,' a film company executive raved to the New York Times in 2003 that he would eat Zankou Chicken out of the garbage can. Enough said."
- "The dish is to be served with 'a crunchy baguette' that you are then instructed to tear into pieces 'so that some can accidentally fall into the sauce as you eat the chops.' We like these guys already." Cookbook Review: Goat: Milk, Meat, Cheese + A Butterscotch Goat Milk Pudding Recipe.
- "Imagine Battle: Los Angeles crossed with Graham Kerr." Jamie Oliver's L.A. Food Revolution: The First Episode + Reality TV As Work-In-Progress.
- "According to one Toronto-based Facebook group, today, April 11, is National Poutine Day, and although we're not Canadian, we fully support this idea." How L.A. Does Poutine for National Poutine Day: 5 Great Places To Eat Like a Canadian.
- "'There's nothing we can do if you have thrown it away. There's nothing we can do if you have given it to your dog.'" The Best in Restaurant Signage: Phillips Bar-B-Q.