Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 3/5-3/9
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Tommy's chili is a flame-orange concoction that, no matter how many napkins you have at the ready, will inevitably leave its mark somewhere on your face, shirt or shoes." 10 Best Hot Dogs in Los Angeles.
- "We've all wished we could carry Anthony Bourdain around in our pockets when traveling to a new city, and now, the marketing geniuses over at the Travel Channel have figured out a way to make such a thing possible. In digital form, at least." Anthony Bourdain: Now Portable Via Travel Channel's New Layover App.
- "You know you're hungry. You know you want Vietnamese food." Vietnamese Food Flowchart: Where to Go for Pho, Banh Mi, Etc.
- "The gourmet cupcake bubble should have burst -- long ago. For some reason, it hasn't." 10 Best Cupcake Shops in Los Angeles.
- "Ton-Chan is right next to the relentlessly crowded Golden Deli Vietnamese restaurant, meaning you're often sitting next to people whose palates were all ready for phở, and now must adjust their stock mindset." Ton-Chan Ramen: You've Been Spammed.
- "The common impression is that the Cara Cara is somehow similar to a pink grapefruit. Sunkist says to think more along cranberry lines. The truth is somewhere in the middle." What's in Season at the Farmers Markets: Cara Cara Navel Oranges.
- "Has the age of the pop-up restaurant already passed its prime?" Life Underground: Hidden Dinner at the Vagrancy Project.
- "But wait, is that a Starbucks "Drive Thru" sign in the midst of nature's beauty?" Starbucks Protest Art in Little Tokyo?
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- A New Wave of L.A. Social Enterprises Serve Pizza and Coffee With Community in Mind
- SCI-Arc's Adorable Campus Cafe Is No College Cafeteria (And It's Open to the Public)
- In a City With Few Meat CSAs, Could This Box Be the Future of Grass-Fed Beef?
- Chef Phillip Frankland Lee's 10 Favorite San Fernando Valley Restaurants