Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 3/29-4/2
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Wednesday is Offal Good at Palate, a 21-gun salute to innards - last week saw cardiac night, with chicken-heart fattoush, lamb-heart shwarma, and beef-heart kebabs with prawns and romesco sauce, three courses for $25." Ask Mr. Gold: If It's Tuesday... It Must Be The Foundry.
- "They said I created the mannequin. This is not true. I can't even sew." Tiger's Condom "Outfit" Stirs up a Media Storm + Thai Condom Salad.
- "But then there was the unexpected brown butter caramel filling: She married the master chocolatier." Madame Chocolate, Hasty Torres (Ya, That Jacques Torres) Dips Her Easter Peeps In Beverly Hills.
- "I mean, if Gatorade had a flavor named Kobe and wasn't paying him for it, we'd be suing them too." Laker Star Kobe Bryant Sues Japanese City Over Naming Rights To High-End Beef.
- "Here's a skin treatment that's cheaper than Botox. It's painless. Better yet, you can eat it." Better than Botox? Agura's Collagen Terrine.
- "It's too early to tell what this decade's favorite desserts will be, but whatever they are, chances are they'll involve bacon or macarons. (Hopefully both.) " Sugary (and Corn Syrupy) Blast From the Past: A Look Back at Our Nation's Favorite Desserts.
- "Eating in Koreatown is like being an inventor in the second half of the 18th century: it's nearly impossible to put forth any effort at all without stumbling onto something exciting." Squid Ink Food Fight: Korean Sushi, Rice, Salad Bowl: Hwe Dup (Mmmmm) Bap.
- "Next time Colbert could get Glenn Beck to chop mirepoix with a Kindle." Stephen Colbert's Latest Foray into Cooking: iPad Salsa.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.