In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "...it's safe to assume that few of us have ever been as voracious as the planet Neptune, which may have, according to a paper by Steven Desch quoted by The New Scientist, once slurped up an entire super-Earth and stolen its moon."
I Can't Believe I Ate the Whole Thing: Neptune Eats Planet
- "In Haiti, we use our finger a lot, to scrape stuff out. This is the gritty mindset that exists. I could get another teaspoon out of that. I could feed another person, mathematically speaking."
Cooking With George Laguerre: A Lesson in Haitian Food
- "But I'll try anything again and again, even if I don't like it. I don't like green peppers. But I love sloppy joes and you can't have sloppy joes without green pepper. Tell me one person that doesn't like sloppy joes, because they need to die."
Q&A With Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo, The Men Behind Animal, Part I
- "And, no, you cat-haters out there, it will not taste like cat pee."
Hello Kitty Wine: Cat People and Alcoholics Rejoice!
- "Yet should inspiration strike to bake a dessert, go with it, because a cake that would be a delightful treat any time of year, but just happens to be kosher for Passover, gets the compliments flowing like nothing else."
Passover Planner, Part 2: Wine, Desserts + A Cake Recipe from Jamie Cantor of Platine Cookies
- "Though many of our city's farmers' markets may share similar vendors and farms, no two are built the same. The Original Farmers' Market at Third and Fairfax serves as a culinary landmark, a multi-generational meeting place, and a gastronomic gateway to The Grove. " Top 10 Things to Eat at the Original Third and Fairfax Farmers' Market
- "Desserts, as you know, are always welcome. The most popular dinner-party guest I know is in the habit of bringing her home-baked pecan pies with her to every occasion, and her terrier is in the habit of howling himself to sleep out of loneliness." Ask Mr. Gold: Dinner Party a La Mode, B.Y.O.H.P. (Bring Your Own Huckleberry Pie)
- "You know the 5 second rule when you drop food? Well it doesn't apply to ice cream, yogurt or apple sauce."
Larry King Tweets About the 5 Second Rule