In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "There hasn't been the stew invented that isn't improved by a leftover packet or two of Zankou's garlic sauce stirred into the braise a half-hour before it is taken off the fire." Mashup! Or, the Art of the Repurposed Condiment.
- "Listening to the two chefs read Reichl's tweets on air is hilarious. One thinks of William Shatner reciting Bashō." Food on Twitter: The Beautiful Schizophrenia of @ruthbourdain, Part 2.
- "When did pig's ear begin to take over the culinary universe?" Ears to Good Friends: 5 of the Best Pigs' Ears in Los Angeles.
- "Okay, how about Glenn Beck with a brûlée torch? I'd pay money to hear Padma tell him to pack his knives and go home." More Food-O-Vision: CBS Orders Food Reality Show.
- "We here at Squid Ink are supportive of exercise, but in as much as we like to observe it while sitting down with a beverage and a plate of food (see: March Madness)." The Best Places to Eat Outside and Watch The L.A. Marathon.
- "It's sturdy and it's brown. Like the logs that built Lincoln's cabin and equally as exciting." Top 10 Kit Kat Flavors You've Probably Never Tried.
- "Canter's Deli, an institution known as much for its round-the-clock service and its preserved-in-amber ambiance as for its cuisine, just leapfrogged into the year 2010 with a food truck that hits the streets of Los Angeles -- hopefully this week." Canter's Food Truck: Kibitzing in a Neighborhood Near You.
- "It's hardly surprising that a cookbook that begins with a pig slaughter and ends with trying to sneak a whole ham past airport security (TSA officer: 'Is this human?') had us hooked from the word 'ham.'" Cookbook Review: Ham, An Obsession With The Hindquarter + A Spicy Deviled Egg Recipe.