Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 3/14-3/18
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Have we ever tried poutine? Don't come around here much, do you?" Ask Mr. Gold: Poutine in Los Angeles, or The Endurance of Boy Food.
- "'You're not nearly as fat as I expected.'" 30 Burgers in 30 Days: The Aftermath.
- "You can buy fresh fish, homemade pasta -- 350 pounds of homemade pasta a day is what we are going through now." Q & A With Lidia Bastianich: On Vegas, Her Next Book + Chances Of An L.A.-based Eataly.
- "It's not just former presidents who get book deals, but sitting first ladies too, for which we are grateful." Michelle Obama Signs a Book Deal: The White House Garden + Family Recipes.
- "Because presumably, at least one person 'watching' your most anticipated game is going to be bored out of their mind." Top 10 March Madness Food And Drink Picks.
- "You can't exactly serve farm-to-table food when there's no table involved, so the new Flatiron Truck, which joined the masses of L.A. food trucks on March 5th, has dubbed their cuisine "farm-to-street." Flatiron Truck Brings "Farm-to-Street" Food to L.A.
- "Because Starbucks coffee isn't finished running every decent coffee company into the ground, the caffeinated behemoth is in talks to buy Northern California-based Peet's." Starbucks in Talks to Buy Peet's.
- "Gummy watermelon rings coated with chamoy (a Mexican seasoning of chili powder, sugar and salt)." Squid Ink Food Writers' Guilty Pleasures: Or, What We Eat Over the Sink.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Trattoria Napolis to Close, French Laundry Wine Recovered: This Week in Food
- Celebrate Australia Day in L.A. With Pies, Lamingtons, Fairy Bread and a Flat White
- L.A.'s Most Authentic Singaporean Dishes and Drinks Are at QQ Kopitiam in Pasadena
- On Its Fifth Anniversary, Here's What's Defining the L.A. Beer Scene