In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "I was just happy to be eating chicken, to be drinking bourbon, to be alive on a happy Tuesday night." Will Tweet for Food: Chicken Night at The Foundry.
- "It occurred to Stewart's fans, many of whom wore Free Martha T-shirts and threw parties the night of her release, that her situation could have been, well, a little cooked." Happy Anniversary: Martha Stewart Released From Jail 5 Years Ago Today.
- "People do not want to travel to the Valley. We've been playing with the idea of going to the other side." Changing of the Gelato Guard: Gelato Bar to Take Over Hollywood Gelato Co. on Hillhurst.
- "Your phone is your friend, your guide, and your GPS locator. (Hi Karl Rove!) Now it's also your enabler." The Village Voice Happy Hours App: Your Phone as Drinking Buddy.
- "What do power drills, blow torches, fondant and buttercream have in common?."
Top 10 Food TV Shows: Hope Your TiVo's Hungry.
- "Even the two dollar valet parking (required) encourages good will. For some folks in the area, that's about the cost of gas just to drive to Bulgarini in Altadena." Vegetables (& Bulgarini Gelato) With a View: The Yamashiro Garden Market Starts Thursday.
- "What had I done to myself? To my restaurant? I wasn't ready for all this." Gordon Ramsay's 'Kitchen Nightmares' Comes to Manhattan Beach.
- "The main course was three meager scraps of boiled meat on a plate, the house version of bollito misto, but whatever the gray stripes of tongue and flank may have lacked in visual appeal - prison food, I imagine, looks a lot like this - they made up for in flavor, which was like the rich, salty, animal essence of meat concentrated into a few small mouthfuls." A Meditation on River Café, An Elegy for Rose Gray.