Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "The positive growth in summer employment is one indicator of the likely beginning of economic recovery for the restaurant industry." National Restaurant Association Releases Industry Employment Outlook for Summer of 2009.
- "When I saw the pineapples, I asked what 'locally grown' meant. Somewhere in Alaska. Oh." Marion Nestle on food in Fairbanks.
- "It is official: L.A. is the best deli city in America." Foodaism's Rob Eshman on David Sax's new book, "Save the Deli".
- "We're Mormons, David, of course we're good at making candy... we don't have any other vices!" A Utah woman to David Lebovitz at a candy-making class.
- "Beer will be a critical element of President Obama's attempt to to create a 'teachable moment' about race relations in America," Obama Foodarama on The Obama Beer Summit on Race Relations.
- "Plates, bowls, glasses, silverware. They take all of it," from Taking the Ten Finger Discount.
- "Lace? Dude, you got lace pantyhose?!" from Eric Greenspan's 95 Theses.
- "If she were the kind of girl who went for the glam of Beso or the from dusk till dawn ambiance of Velvet Margarita, you'd know it by now," from Ask Mr. Gold: Romantic Mexican.
- "Unless you're experienced or currently taking an organic chemistry course, be careful," from Human Beings Will Distill Anything.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.