In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "Until we can persuade significant chunks of Extramadura or the Costa Brava to emigrate, we can at least console ourselves with the Valencian paellas and fideos at LA Paella near the Beverly Center." Ask Mr. Gold: Spain in L.A., or What Would Pau Do?
- "Lake Avenue, as it thrusts up towards Altadena, has long been where Pasadena sequesters its fast-food restaurants, and at the heart of it, you can find nearly every drive-thru window that has ever sponsored a football broadcast." I Fought the Slaw: The Slaw Dogs Opens in Pasadena.
- "Because the only thing sweeter than watching Peyton Manning weep on national TV is watching him do it with your mouth full of guacamole." Guac Bowl 2010: Who Dat Guac?
- "In addition to her numerous film roles, Silverstone was voted Sexiest Female Vegetarian by PETA in 2004." Who's Topping the Cookbook Charts? Alicia Silverstone.
- "Turrey, who hails from the Bay Area, got his start at the bottom of the hospitality food chain as a busboy." Good Eggs at Monsieur Egg Food Cart.
- "Bill Murray (Groundhog Day, Lost In Translation, the upcoming Ghostbusters 3) could make a plate of bad fast food funny." Bill Murray on No Reservations: Give This Man A Travel Show.
- "And for the waterfowl sportsman, there's a chocolate peanut butter filled 12 gauge shotgun shells, with classic Currier and Ives lithographs of hunting game birds depicted on the tin." Bite the Bullet: Give Him Chocolate Weapons for Valentine's Day.
- "If you're interested in indulging your lover with an impeccable dining experience, choose a night when the kitchen staff isn't killing themselves to get hundreds of plates of food out in a short period of time.'" Squid Ink Top 10: Why You Should Avoid Eating Out This Valentine's.