Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 2/6-2/10
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "It is the manliest cooking video ever made, a video with enough pure T to reduce Guy Fieri into a whimpering puddle of gel." Where to Find Breakfast Tacos in L.A.?
- "They had to clean all the grease off of the walls, then paint the walls a different color, then put more grease back on so that it looked like an old diner." Q & A With The Off Hours' Megan Griffiths: Edward Hopper Diners, Prop Movie Fries + Diner Booth Migration Patterns.
- "My how that fedora-topped draft beer crowd has changed L.A.'s IPA game." 10 Best Beer Bars In Los Angeles.
- "Because why give a heart when your feelings would be better described with a chocolate bug?" 4 Japanese Valentine's Day Chocolates for Guys.
- "Go eat a carrot. They're really good right now." Top 5 Crops NOT in Season at the Farmers Markets.
- "Some Homer Simpson of the Matrix has decided to break down the particulars of various major social media outlets using the round, yellow cartoon patriarch's favorite food: donuts." Social Media Explained With Donuts.
- "You don't expect your boyfriend to start sentences with "Well, Martha Stewart says..." but this Valentine's Day, he just might." Martha Stewart Says Women Should Pay the Dinner Bill on Valentine's Day.
- "Do I believe this because the new slogan is apparently 'Pho on the Go,' which doesn't even rhyme? I wouldn't be that petty." Golden Deli: A New Restaurant, in the Style of Chipotle.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.